tirsdag 21. oktober 2014

OOTD - QUEEN E.



Hello gorgeous people!
Today I will show you, step-by-step my outfit of the day; OOTD.



CLOTHES

The first thing I put on is my smock; also called a shift. This smock is from Calvin Klein and is my innermost layer of clothing. It is a basic undergarment I wear to protect outer clothing from sweat and body oils (even though I really do not sweat much…).
Next I put on my stockings. Today I decided I would wear my silk hose from Chanel!  Furthermore I put on my Balmain corset to look skinny...of course.  Lastly I put on my beautiful, yellow dress. This is one of my favorite dresses ATM! It is from the latest SS15 Alexander McQueen Haute Couture show in Paris. It looks so chic, but yet so very elegant. Love, love, love it! On top of my lovely dress I wore a cape, also from the latest Alexander McQueen collection.

ACCESSORIES

Today´s accessories were chosen by Cecily, she chose a rich jeweled choker, of garnets and pearls from Bvlgari for me to wear around my neck today. It is decorated with diamonds and emeralds from Swarovski. She chose ruby and pearl earrings for me, and Joan slipped some bodkins tipped with pearls into the poufs of my hair.
Not quite satisfied with the effect, Cecily also did a long gold chain and had Joan fix a large pendant to the front center of my bodice.
Today´s crown was my platinum one, it was manufactured for me by Gerrard & Co in London, the long term manufacturer of British royal crowns.
The crown is decorated with precious stones, most notably the 105-carat (21.0 g) Koh-i-Noor diamond in the middle of the front cross, which was confiscated by the East India Company and became part of the British Crown Jewels


SKINCARE AND MAKEUP

Pale skin is a sign of nobility, wealth and delicacy, and pale skin is achieved by a number of means. The most popular being ceruse, a mixture of white lead and vinegar that is favored by the nobility and by those who could afford it.
Bright eyes, snow-white skin (with my white lead for a foundation base), red cheeks and lips, and fair hair is how I work it. WERK.

Of course, such heavy and often poisonous make-up can cause serious damage to my skin, damages like spots, blemishes, acne and freckles that are ranged from the application of lemon-juice or rosewater to dubious concoctions of mercury, alum, honey and eggshells.
Indeed, washing my face with mercury is my “facial peel” that I use to make my skin soft and fresh. Ass´s milk is another substance favored by me and is a main ingredient in my baths and washes.

SOTD
The song of the day is “Fancy” by Iggy Azalea.


Me and my girl Iggy back in 2013! Such a cool and laidback chick.

Also make sure you follow me on Instagram (queenE1), Facebook (Elizabeth I), Tumblr (methequeenandmyself.tumblr.com) and Twitter (only1) #yourqueen #queenE #1things1







Picture sources:
https://www.google.no/search?q=iggy+azalea+fancy+music+video&espv=2&biw=1242&bih=545&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=JjxGVP2WM-PhywPniIGYBw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=rxQzaCanOSqC8M%253A%3Bf1s2mLvyk1RgZM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fstyle.mtv.com%252F%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252Fstyle%252F2014%252F03%252Figgy-azalea-fancy-5.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fstyle.mtv.com%252F2014%252F03%252F04%252Figgy-azalea-fancy-look-by-look%252F%3B576%3B431https://www.google.no/search?q=iggy+azalea+fancy+music+video&espv=2&biw=1242&bih=545&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=JjxGVP2WM-PhywPniIGYBw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=elizabeth+1&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=vqLOVRGVWdQ5tM%253A%3BchqiDfJ9FRY2fM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fstatic.bbc.co.uk%252Fhistory%252Fimg%252Fic%252F640%252Fimages%252Fresources%252Fpeople%252Felizabeth_i.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.bbc.co.uk%252Fhistory%252Fpeople%252Felizabeth_I%3B640%3B360http://www.luminarium.org/renlit/elizacoronation.jpg


1 kommentar:

  1. Nice!! I love the outfit, and Fancy is tots my fav song ever!

    -Secret admirer

    SvarSlett